Calgary, AB (Ready to relocate within Canada or Europe)
email@example.com | linkedin.com/in/bradlazaruk | Download PDF Version
Service Delivery Manager and Computer Science Tutor
Acting as the strategic advisor, primary point of contact, and evangelist to my customers, while directing internal teams to formalize and document their processes to achieve repeatability and efficiency. Always maintains a motivated, customer first mentality. Extensive experience in developing innovative services and technology solutions for private and public-sector clients. Works closely with sales and technical teams to identify client technology and business requirements. Lead cross-functional teams of on-site and off-shore engineers and architects in design and delivery of complex proposals with minimal cost to customers.
Expert at remote work and collaboration, with experience since 2005 of staying focused and productive while being part of and leading geographically dispersed teams.
- Process Gap Identification
- Client Infrastructure Model Evaluation
- System & Process Cost Analysis
- Solution Design & Integration
- Languages and Back-Ends
- VCS and Testing Tools
- Git, GitHub, Gauge automation, Taiko test automation
- p5.js, VTK, NumPy, pandas, beautifulsoup, seaborn, nltk, pypandoc, SciPy
- Jupyter, Anaconda, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, diagrams.net, MySQL
- Heroku, Netlify, IBM Cloud, AWS, IaaS, PaaS, Windows Server, VMware ESXi, Linux
CDW Canada, Calgary, AB
Customer Success Manager
2021 - present
Acted as the strategic advisor to several public sector accounts with the goal of ensuring that customers realized the value they were seeking when they choose CDW. Continually assessed where customers are on their roadmap, reflected on where they would like to be, and guided them towards success utilizing the resources and experts available from CDW.
As Lead Service Delivery Manager for a public sector government account providing over $30 million in annual revenue through a first of a kind solution for CDW Canada, transformed delivery from one that was ad-hoc, decentralized, and consistently missing KPI measurements into one that was organized, scheduled, repeatable, fully documented, and accountable.
- Created and filled the role of a service delivery executive, responsible for creating and documenting the delivery service, leading the development of internal documents of understanding and external contractual documents to support the work.
- Transformed an ad-hoc and inaccurate reporting service into an auditable, repeatable, and fully scheduled data driven process highlighting customer value on their financial and technical goals.
- Ensures optimal delivery of steady state services and smaller projects across all phases. Supports and advises account managers, delivery managers, senior business managers, and C-suite executives.
- Executed standard SDM activities such as financial reviews on delivery costs, and weekly task prioritization with internal and customer teams.
- Produced standardized and repeatable monthly and quarterly executive leadership reports with customer satisfaction metrics, performance and financial data.
- Managed relationships between CDW and service delivery partners as well as between CDW and our customers.
- Public sector customer vendor manager reused several of my reports and documents as templates for their other vendors and repeatedly noted an improved customer experience since I was assigned to the account.
- Developed customized service level calculation and tracking spreadsheets to produce monthly and quarterly service level metrics from diverse disconnected and misaligned sources.
- Provided feedback and leadership to in-house and partner delivery teams to improve metrics and customer satisfaction, and ensure optimal service delivery.
- Coordinated steering committees and project meetings, and supported escalation processes at various contact points
Goldsmiths, University of London, London, United Kingdom
Online Tutor (Contractor)
2022 - present
Supporting the Computer Science BSc programme as a tutor for Graphics Programming and Object Oriented Programming modules.
- Provide mentorship and assistance to students in the Bachelor of Computer Science program. Hosts webinars with students from around the world to discuss their progress through the module, provide clarity on the module requirements, and where possible help them overcome roadblocks in their work.
- Work with the module leaders on fine-tuning the course materials, such as updates to the programming modules.
- Grade midterm and semester-end final project submissions.
IBM Canada Ltd., Calgary, AB
Technical Solutions Manager / Client Technical Solutioner
2017 - 2021
Designed integrated technical solutions for new business and complex proposals (value of ~$10M+ each). Documented enhancements to services for existing clients. Coordinated client and internal stakeholders (technical experts, finance teams) on projects.
- Delivered complete projects, on time and within specified price targets.
- Produced Intel components for successful proposals, contributing to new business revenue (~$20M+ per year) and early renewal revenue (~$40M+ per year).
- Mentored junior colleagues and trained peers on newer solution offerings in cloud and automation scopes.
Intel Team Lead
2016 - 2017
Guided and supervised team of system administrators, supporting provincial government accounts.
- Worked directly with client technical leaders to prioritize project tasks and schedule all work, meeting client end-user and business needs.
- Verified all team activities, improving profitability by blocking redundant or out-of-scope work requests and eliminating off-topic and unproductive meetings.
- Created new wiki-based documentation store, enabling auditable process and change verification within familiar wiki format, supporting continual improvement of process documentation.
- Directed migration of password and server inventories to vaults and databases, increasing audit readiness and client password security.
- Corresponded with client technical leaders, ensuring satisfaction while coordinating scheduling of major changes.
Senior Intel Administrator
2008 - 2016
Resolved incident / change tickets and service outages. Directed team responses to major incidents. Transformed technical recovery documents for disaster recovery plans. Composed team responses to process-execution compliance audits.
- Surpassed expectations on disaster recovery exercises by completing all tasks significantly ahead of schedule.
- Implemented Agile reflections, driving continual improvement of process and inventory documents.
- Engineered basic automation with scripting, greatly increasing efficiency of routine tasks.
- Transformed custom monitoring system, boosting accuracy and capability while decreasing third-party dependencies.
Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham, United Kingdom
Python Developer - Intern
2020 - 2021
Spearheaded programming, design, research, and analysis for Python open-source tool to aid researchers in creating visual representation of planning problem. Documented program components, as part conference paper published in 2021. Supervisor: Dr. Georgios Mastorakis
DogStar Systems (now closed), Calgary, AB
Server Administrator Level III
2007 - 2008
Evaluated prospective tools to implement enterprise service account management. Authored project proposal.
- Implemented selected product, introducing enhanced server security and audit compliance.
- Oversaw project to select and install replacement server monitoring system, increasing capabilities.
JDA Software Ltd. (now Blue Yonder) and IBM Canada Ltd., Calgary, AB; Systems Administrator
Education / Certifications
- Over 30 Credly badges, including Data Science, Microservices, and Design Thinking
- 12 Specialisation Certificates and 60 Course Certificates delivered via Coursera, including:
- Google IT Support, Google
- Project Management Principles and Practices, University of California, Irvine
- IBM Data Science Professional Certificate, IBM Canada Ltd.
- Introduction to Data Science, IBM Canada Ltd.
- Applied Data Science, IBM Canada Ltd.
- IBM Microservices, IBM Canada Ltd.
- IBM z / OS Mainframe Practitioner, IBM Canada Ltd.